Student induction is the initial stage of the guidance and support services which are provided to students from before they enter College and continue throughout their course and beyond.
Basically, all students from a variety of backgrounds, with a wide range of learning experiences are entitled to receive an induction that aims to:
- Ease the transition to studying in College
- Introduce students to the required skills, knowledge and demands of their programme and includes transition between levels
- Establish students as part of the College Community
Induction shall welcome all students to the college,
- By creating a friendly atmosphere,
- Help familiarise the students with their surroundings and
- Ensure that students are supported to prepare effectively to meet the demands of their chosen course/unit of study and eventual career path.